May 17, 2022, is an important date for members of the Florida Union Free School District as residents vote on the 2022-23 budget and elect three Board of Education members. Having served on the District Advisory Team for several years and the Board of Education since December 2018, I, Sue Wheeler, am seeking re-election for a 2nd term. Please consider that I am:
· Committed to serving all children and families in the District.
· Hold a steadfast belief that the best schools are those that create and sustain a healthy culture for learning, one where the diverse strengths of both students and adults are recognized, nurtured and supported.
· A retired educator - 40 years as an educator provides the foundation for my work with the Board and District.
· An experienced Board of Education member. Current Vice President.
· Dedicated to collaboratively working with the Board of Education team to:
o Support administrators, teachers and staff in providing a strong academic and extra-curricular program where students graduate as resilient problem solvers; critical, independent thinkers; and responsible, respectful, productive citizens in an ever-changing world.
o Provide oversight for compliance with NYS regulations, including evolving NYS Learning Standard and assessments.
o Develop appropriate policy.
o Maintain fiscal responsibility, balancing both program and operational costs with the needs of the tax paying constituencies.
· A life-long resident of the area, Seward graduate with a long history in the Florida community.
Please come out to vote on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at the S. S. Seward Memorial Building, 51 Main Street, Florida, NY. Thank you for your on-going support of the Florida Union Free School District.
Sincerely, Sue Wheeler
Florida Union Free School District Board of Education Candidate for Re-Election