The Town of Warwick will impose an 8 p.m. Halloween curfew on Friday, Oct. 30, and Saturday, Oct. 31, lasting to 6 a.m. the following days. No one 18 years of age or younger will be allowed to congregate or loiter after 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
“This is to ensure everyone has a chance to enjoy trick-or-treating in a safe manner,” according to town Supervisor Michael Sweeton in his Supervisor’s Corner.
Safety this Halloween has taken on added meaning with the COVID-19 pandemic. The Orange County Department of Health has issued the following guidelines to stay healthy:
· Wear a cloth mask. Costume masks are not a substitute for the cloth masks necessary to prevent the spread of COVID. You can, however, be creative while incorporating a proper mask into your Halloween costume.
· Rather than neighborhood hopping as in years past, stick close to home.
· Keep six feet from fellow trick or treaters.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or face.
· Carry and use hand sanitizer.
· Wash your hands when returning home and before enjoying your candy.
All of these common sense things will keep your kids safe in this unique Halloween celebration.
- Linda Smith Hancharick