Albert Wisner Public Library will celebrate Earth Day on Saturday, April 29, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The library-wide event takes place at the River Birch Patio with live music, crafts, educational information and food trucks.
Starting first, the library will be giving out tree seedlings. Supply is first-come, first-served, while supplies last. Thanks to Pine Island Turf for donating the soil.
11 a.m. Music with Mr. Matt
12:30 to 2 p.m. The Uncle Brothers Concert
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Information, crafts, activities and food trucks
Come visit with:
• Bob “The Bee Man” Reynolds to learn more about these busy pollinators.
• Wickham Works, where children can make an upcycled craft.
• Orange County Audubon Society will provide information on conservation.
• Hudson Highlands Nature Museum will have fun activities for children.
• Friends of the Library - enter a raffle for a chance to win an Earth Day basket! 100% of proceeds will benefit the Library.
• Recycle Coach. Learn about the app that makes recycling easier.
• Orange & Rockland will provided information on sustainable energy options and on how to make your home more energy-efficient.
• Sustainable Warwick - bring your compostable materials (a small bucket) for collection and learn more about composting (fruit and vegetables scraps, coffee grounds and paper filters, crushed eggshells, paper tea bags; no meat or dairy products).
• Repair Cafe of Warwick. Skilled Repair Cafe volunteers will help with: garden and landscaping tool sharpening (no knives of any sort, please); small electronics repairs; bicycle inspection and tune-ups; tech device repair (computers, laptops, iPads, cell phones); lamp repair with “Lamp Larry;” repair of wooden items; and two seamstresses will be available to help mend torn items or stitch up hems.
• Food trucks: Grab a bite to eat with ROAM and Crumm Cakes Cupcakes.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will move indoors and be held during the same hours, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.