Golden Hill historical tour

| 28 Sep 2011 | 02:55

    Golden Hill Elementary fourth-graders took their annual tour of their village on Sept. 23. One stop was at the Seward Monument where they heard a short talk by Florida Historical Society member John Kimiecik. The Seward Monument was dedicated on Sept. 24, 1930, making it almost exactly 75 years on the day of the students' visit. At another stop the fourth-graders were given a short history of the Veterans' Monument by American Legionnaire and Historical Society member Robert Scott.