Warwick pantry offers thanks
I am writing to offer thanks for tremendous community support received for Warwick Ecumenical Food Pantry’s 2018 holiday program.
This year, in addition to regular service, the pantry provided an extra-large bag of holiday-useful groceries to families that visited any time in November.
Families that visited any time in December received two extra-large bags of holiday useful groceries and $50 worth of ShopRite gift cards to provide for perishables of choice.
Each family also received a holiday “goody bag” with treats for everyone to enjoy. The considerable inventory of excess groceries left over will help the pantry keep the shelves stocked well into the new year.
• Thanks to schools: Math Club of Mount St. Mary College, Park Avenue Elementary, St. Edward School, Sanfordville Elementary, W.V.C.S. District Office, W.V. High School, W.V. Middle School.
• Thanks to churches: Christ Episcopal, Good Shepherd Lutheran, St. Stephen’s Roman Catholic, Sugar Loaf United Methodist, U.A.M.E., Warwick Reformed, Warwick United Methodist.
• Thanks to businesses: Ochs Orchards, Penning’s Farm Market, WVT Communications.
• Thanks to the medical profession: Horizon Family Medical Group (throughout Orange County), St. Anthony Physicians, St. Anthony Community Hospital & Warwick Healthcare Campus, Warwick Jr. Ambulance Corps.
• Thanks to our longtime booster and partner ShopRite of Warwick for all that it does for the pantry.
• Thanks to Michael DiMartino of Landmark Inn, who catered a lovely holiday dinner for our families and to ShopRite, which provided the deserts.
• Thanks for our Angel Tree: to Olivia Quinones for refurbishing, the Newhard family for use of their fence and Betsy Mitchel for doing everything else to make it possible.
• Thanks to all of those gracious individuals who dropped off boxes and bags and who pressed supermarket gift cards into my hands or left them for me in the pantry mailbox. Thanks, also, to anyone I missed.
My fervent hope always is that no one comes to the pantry because no one needs. Next best is that the community provides for my families as generously as it does. The community was outstandingly generous this holiday season. It made for a blowout to benefit the families.
I am truly grateful for blessings bestowed and shared.
Glenn P. Dickes
Director of the Pantry
Warwick Ecumenical Food Pantry is a community outreach ministry of Warwick United Methodist Church and is supported by churches in the Warwick Valley. The pantry is located at 135 Forester Avenue, corner of NY-17A/Galloway. It is open Mondays and Thursdays from 6:00-8:00 P.M. and Tuesdays from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Anyone who needs us is welcome. For more information, call 845-986-8368 or visit www.warwickpantry.com.