The following information comes from the weekly activity report for the Warwick Fire Department provided by Michael Contaxis, the department’s 1st Assistant Chief and Fire Prevention Chairman:
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 386 calls for service to date this year as of Monday, Nov. 29. The WFD responded to multiple calls for service over the past week including chimney fires, Mutual Aid to the Vernon, N.J., Fire Department and to the Chester Fire District for structural related fire call assignments.
• Thank you to all members of the Community who attended the Christmas Tree Lighting in Lewis Park this past Friday evening. We can never thank everyone enough for the help welcoming our new Community Christmas Tree.
• The Warwick Fire Department is comprised of four firefighting companies including the Warwick Fire Police Unit in the Warwick Fire District area of the Town of Warwick.
• This past week the four WFD companies, including the separate Warwick Fire Police unit, completed the following details from company meetings, calls for service, company drills, vehicle apparatus truck checks and fleet maintenance by completing weekly work details at Warwick Fire Stations. This year the Warwick Fire Department has completed more than 80 department and company drills to date.
• The Warwick Fire Prevention Team reminds the community to remain Warwick Fire Safe and to prepare for the cold weather properly. That means preparing home heating systems, chimneys, vehicles, carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms for this winter ahead. Please schedule the appropriate services to be completed by a licensed contractor or mechanic to properly care for your home heating systems and vehicles.