The following is a summary of Warwick Fire Department activities from the last week, provided by Michael Contaxis, the 1st Assistant Chief and Fire Prevention chairman.
Here are highlights:
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 307 calls for service since Jan. 1.
• Fire Safety Begins With Us All!!! Many home fires are preventable! Always remember to keep our community Warwick Fire Safe!!! WFD Fire Prevention Team : “Preventing Fires Through Education.”
• Fire Prevention Week is here October 4th through the 10th. This year’s theme is “Serve Up Fire Safety In The Kitchen.” For Fire Prevention Week Tips learn more at fpw.org or esfi.org. Any Preschool or School Program in the Warwick Fire District is asked to please contact the Warwick Fire Prevention Team to set your school Fire Prevention Week visits. All questions can be forwarded to the Warwick Fire Prevention Team at 845-986-3473 or please email email@example.com.
• NFPA’s theme for Fire Prevention Week 2020 is “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen.” Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and fire injuries. Ranges or cooktops cause 62 percent of home fires, according to the NFPA.
• WFD Reminds all residents to call the Warwick Police Departments Communications Desk at 845-986-5000 or Orange County 911 in the event of an emergency.
• On Sunday evening firefighters from Engine Company #3 packed up the last of company belongings from the South Street Extension Station to ready the building for removal for construction of the new Warwick Fire District Engine Company #3 Fire Station. The Engine Company #3 Apparatus was led to it’s new temporary home at Warwick Station #1 until the completion of the new Station #3.