• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 60 calls for service to date this year as of Monday 02/21/22 at 0900 hrs. The Warwick Fire Department has responded to multiple calls for service over the past week, including Mutual Aid Calls for service to the Johnson, Pine Island and Vernon N.J. Fire Departments, for structural related fire call assignments, including standby coverage.
• The Warwick Fire Department is comprised of four firefighting companies, including the Warwick Fire Police Unit in the Warwick Fire District area of the Township of Warwick.
• This past week our companies, also including our Warwick Fire Police Unit, completed the following details from calls for service, company drills, vehicle apparatus checks and fleet maintenance by completing weekly work details at Warwick Fire Stations.
The Warwick Fire Department completed our monthly Department Vehicle Extrication Drill at Specht’s Garage, with the general topics of the use of our high pressure air bags. Thank you to the Specht family for the continued use of your facility for use to train our firefighters.
The Excelsior Hose Company #1 completed a walk through drill of the Price Chopper facility. Thank you to Price Chopper management for the use of the facility. The Warwick Fire Department will continue to ensure that our apparatus and our equipment is always ready and operational in the event of an emergency.
• ***Firefighters Needed*** The Warwick Fire Department is always in need of Firefighters! Now more than ever our Community needs you!!! Our Warwick community is comprised of all backgrounds and you are all needed to continue to give back and serve. You too can do that by becoming a Warwick volunteer firefighter.
Do you want to be a firefighter? Do you want to join the fire police? Are you 16 years of age or older and want to give back with protecting your community? Then we want you! Are you new to our community? Are you in high school or recently retired and want to help give back? We offer teamwork, dedication, family and a bond like no other.
We look forward to hearing from you and remember, Service Before Self! Please call us at 845-986-3473 or reach us by contacting us on all of our social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram or by emailing us at our new email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also stop by any of our firehouses any evening to speak with a fire officer. On Monday evenings after 6:30pm or the first Tuesday of the month after 7:00 pm you can stop at any of firehouses to see about joining any evening. We need you to be part of our team! Please email our Warwick FD membership committee: @ email@example.com and join the WFD.
If you are unsure which department or jurisdiction you reside in, contact us and we will send you to our neighboring departments. The Chester, Florida, Greenwood Lake and Pine Island Fire Departments work closely with each other and also need help. If you reside in the those areas of the Town of Warwick or in Sugar Loaf they need your help too!
• The Warwick Fire Prevention Team hopes that our community is continuing to remain Warwick fire safe and handling the cold weather properly. That means that we continue to check our home heating systems, chimneys, vehicles, carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms for any problem or defective issues. Please schedule the appropriate services to be completed by a licensed contractor or mechanic to properly care for your home heating systems and vehicles. ***Do Not heat your homes with a stove to stay warm. Reach out to neighbors, the Town and to the County for heating assistance.