The following is derived from Warwick Fire Department’s weekly activity summary provided by Michael Contaxis, the department’s 1st Assistant Fire Chief as well as its Fire Prevention chairman.
The Warwick Fire Department had a busy schedule this past week including the monthly scheduled WFD Department Operations Drill at the H-1 Honor Block Building at Wickham Woodlands on State School Road.
Shortly before the drill the WFD Firefighter Assist Search Team (FAST) responded to the Greenwood Lake Fire District for a structural-related fire.
Over the past week the WFD responded to the following calls for service:
• Two structural residential calls: one kitchen fire and one electrical burning odor complaint.
• Motor vehicle accident rollover.
• Aircraft accident at Wickham Woodlands Park.
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 132 calls for service since the first of the year.
• The Warwick Fire Department is comprised of four firefighting companies, including the Warwick Fire Police Unit.
This past week all four WFD companies completed the following details from calls for service to vehicle apparatus truck checks and fleet maintenance by completing weekly work details at Warwick Fire Stations.
This past Monday three of the companies completed weekly apparatus checks to ensure our fleet is at its best for calls for service.
• This past Tuesday evening the WFD it’s monthly scheduled Department Executive Board and Officers Meeting. Engine Company #3 held its weekly apparatus checks.
• This past Saturday Engine Company #3 and members of the WFD participated in funeral services of past Captain Chris Jackson. He will always be remembered and never forgotten. Our condolences to the family and friends of past Captain Jackson.