The following is a summary of Warwick Fire Department activities from the last week, provided by Michael Contaxis, the 1st Assistant Chief and Fire Prevention chairman:
Here are highlights:
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 307 calls for service since Jan. 1, including mutual aid calls for fires in the Chester Fire District, the Florida Fire District and for Vernon Fire Department in New Jersey. That’s an increase of nine service calls in the last week.
• The cold weather has set in so now is the time to have your boilers, hot water heaters, all heating systems including your chimney checked by a certified heating professional and, as always, please have more than one smoke and carbon monoxide detector functioning on all levels of your home. Remember: Stay Warwick Fire Safe.
• WFD Reminds all residents to call the Warwick Police Departments Communications Desk at 845-986-5000 or Orange County 911 in the event of an emergency.
• This past Monday the WFD held it’s monthly scheduled trucks check of department apparatus.
• On Tuesday evening WFD companies held monthly scheduled meetings.
• On Saturday the WFD apparatus were given pump maintenance by Department Members.
*** • In the photos below provided by Acting Captain Reilly of the Excelsior Hose Company #1 you can see Firefighters providing pump maintenance to the WFD Apparatus Fleet from morning into the night on Saturday ensuring that our fleet is always operating it’s highest potential.