The following is a summary of the Warwick Fire Department’s activity between Nov. 2 and Nov. 9, provided by Michael Contaxis, the 1st Assistant Fire Chief and the department’s Fire Prevention chairman. Here are highlights:
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 343 calls for service to date.
• This past week the Warwick FD completed weekly apparatus and building checks to ensure our equipment is operational for an emergency at any time.
• This past Tuesday the Raymond Hose Company #2 held its monthly scheduled meeting with the other three Warwick fire companies respectively holding meetings on Wednesday evening due to Election Day.
• This past Wednesday the WFD held a work detail with the assistance of the Village of Warwick DPW on High Street to work on the Village Christmas Tree in Lewis Park. Thank you to the Village of Warwick, to the employees of Skyward Electric for the help and to firefighters.
• On Saturday, Nov. 7, the Warwick Fire Department had a busy day, starting first thing in the morning with a work detail to finish decorating the Christmas Tree in Lewis Park at the Old School Baptist Church for the annual Warwick Fire Department Tree Lighting Ceremony scheduled for Nov. 27 at 6 p.m. on High Street.
The WFD also responded to three service calls during the day, including a brush fire on Van Duzer Place, a motor vehicle accident with minor injuries on East Ridge Road into a utility pole and mutual aid to Pine Island Fire District with our UTV for a brush fire.
• On Monday morning the Warwick FD was requested to respond mutual aid to the Hillburn Fire District in Rockland County due to a large brush fire.
• The Warwick Fire Department is currently raffling off one 65” Philips ROKU TV at $5 a chance. Please email us for the link to pay at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pick up only or local delivery. You can comment IN THE GROUP with the amount of chances you would like. Limited to the first 500 chances.