The following is the weekly activity report for the Warwick Fire Department as provided by Michael Contaxis, the 1st Assistant Chief and the department’s Fire Prevention Chairman:
• The Warwick Fire Department has responded to 172 calls for service to date.
• The WFD would like to continue to remind all drivers yield to responding emergency vehicles, including our volunteer firefighters and emergency medical technicians with blue and green lights. Every week responders are called to emergencies and need your help to get to the call safely. Please pull over when you see a first responder.
• This past week the WFD responded to multiple calls for service, including carbon monoxide alarm activations, multiple smoke alarm activations, a possible structure fire which was extinguished quickly by the business owner and firefighters on scene, two motor vehicle accidents involving telephone poles, one motor vehicle accident with injuries into a tree and a contractor who struck a buried propane tank for an in ground pool heater with his dump truck, breaking off the blow off valve.
• This past Wednesday Daisy/Brownie Troop #688 stopped by Warwick Station #1 to donate cookies to our firefighters. A big thank you. We cannot thank you all enough to Troop Leaders Gillen, Roe and Brady and to your troop members: Molly Brady, Taylor Gillen, Megan Roe, Lila Monti, Grace Brown, Mia Haysom, Olivia Bird, Brynn Hasbrouck, Pamela McKay, Elizabeth Westcott, Eva Sandfort and Allie Torregiano.
• This past Thursday evening the WFD joined by Pine Island Fire Department at the virtual graduation ceremony of the 2020 Warwick Valley High School graduation at the Warwick Drive-In. Thank you to Drive in Owners Beth and Ernie Wilson, their staff and employees, The WVCSD, The WFD, The PIFD, the the families, friends and especially our graduates and to WFD Past Captain John Woloszczak who now privately owns our retired 1981 American LaFrance Ladder Truck that hoisted the American flag for the graduation.